I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A New Twist to Cookie decorating with your kids: Edible Cookie Paint

DSC_9324

I having been painting on canvas for over 15yrs now and have yet to hear about Edible paint, until now.  It's probably a good thing because my canvases would be blank and my tummy full.  For your next Holiday Cookie decorating gathering surprise your guest and shake it up a bit from the normal cookie decorating to PAINTING on your cookies. The kids will think your the coolest mom ever.

painted_cookies
Let the painting begin!

The first thing you will need is a set of good brushes. Don’t go all out and buy the finest quality artist’s brushes unless you have the money to spare and plan to do lots of cookie painting. You’ll need to keep them free of any paint that isn’t edible, so plan to store them in your pantry for cookie painting only.

Recipe to paint before you bake:
For this type of paint, you’ll need food coloring, one egg yolk, and ¼ teaspoon of evaporated (not condensed) milk. Don’t use plain water as the results will be disappointing. Each color will need this same amount of ingredients. Mix them in separate bowls. After you have rolled out and cut out your cookies, paint them in the colors you have just made. Then bake the cookies in the oven according the recipe directions.

or my preference

Recipe for painting after baking:
The main thing with this recipe is allowing time for cookies to cook before you paint. For each color,
Ingredients:
mix 1 tablespoon of light corn syrup
a drop of food coloring.
Mix and see if you like the hue. If it’s too light, add more food coloring one drop at a time.
or
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
2 Cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
Food coloring
Mix liquid ingredients together in a small bowl. Use a cup or small bowl for each color.
Add the sugar.
Add more milk if needed.
If you have time, pour a small amount of glaze onto the cookies and allow it to dry for an hour – it will create a firm base for children to paint on top of.
Thin the remaining glaze with a few drops of milk. Separate glaze into muffin tins and stir in food coloring. Paint cookies using the cookie paint with a clean paintbrush.

pictures and recipe from Gourmet Cookie Bouquets
Use it for decorating sandwiches: I would suggest using the light corn syrup and food coloring recipe for sandwiches or milk and food coloring if you don't want your bread to be sweet.
DSC_9326

DSC_9327


Pictures from Bee in our Bonnet

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! My kids would have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

      1) Love Spells
      2) Lost Love Spells
      3) Divorce Spells
      4) Marriage Spells
      5) Binding Spell.
      6) Breakup Spells
      7) Banish a past Lover
      8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
      9) want to satisfy your lover
      Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
      through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}

      Delete
    2. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

      1) Love Spells
      2) Lost Love Spells
      3) Divorce Spells
      4) Marriage Spells
      5) Binding Spell.
      6) Breakup Spells
      7) Banish a past Lover
      8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
      9) want to satisfy your lover
      Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
      through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! I would love for you to and share with Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-stalking-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so doing this on tomorrow's breakfast toast!! Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-rock-5.html. Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @ RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across.
    I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/10/cure-for-common-monday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, gals I am so behind on checking out my comments. I missed all your parties. Thanks for the invite and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pinning this! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!
    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible post! These painted cookies are looking awesome. Will have a similar activity planned for my kids at one of top Phoenix preschool. Will invite their friends too. Really want all kids to have great fun and joyful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors are awesome! Why not let your kids try coloring online at ausmalbilderkinder.de

    ReplyDelete