I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

decoupaged decor balls


These styrofoam balls have been sitting around my house for sometime now waiting to be put to use other than being thrown around as toys for my boys amusement.

You will need: 
Styrofoam balls
napkins are what I used to cover them with
modge podge glue
brush
scissors
varnish

1. Cut napkins into strips. I did my into fourths and then into fourths again.

2. Add Modge Podge over the styrofoam ball and then a strip of the napkin. Do this until its completely covered.

It may get sticky so letting it dry some would be a good idea before adding more pieces to it.  I didn't because I wanted to be done.

3. Add a couple of coats of clear varnish.


There you have it!

There are so many things you can do with styrofoam balls. I found these on the web, I have no idea where they came from:

11 comments:

  1. Ah so cute, I love the Demask type pattern on the black and white ones!!!

    Tiffany, I blog over at:
    http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello viewer’s
      I don’t have much to say there are so may scammers going on online so we cant detect the real herbal medicine doctors. Thank GOD for leading me, please don’t ignore this post is real Dr Emmanuel, is a real herbal Doctor, he cured me from Herpes virus, i am living so happy and free , i was fully recovered within 4 weeks of usage of dr Emmanuel herbal medicine ,please viewers out there that have any deadly disease don't fail to contact him via his email; nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp/Call: +2348140073965  thanks once again to dr Emmanuel GOD bless you abundantly  
      he also cured HIV/AIDS,CANCER,GENITAL WART,COPD,BRAIN TUMOR

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! There are so many pretty napkins out there to match our decor -- this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, so true there are so many napkins. Thx, for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really clever idea, and so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about doing something like this for awhile. I just didn't think it could be as easy as this. Great tip on using the napkins-I would never have thought of that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taunnie yes it is so easy. i like easy

    ReplyDelete
  7. All thanks to God Almighty who use Dr. Akhigbe to cure me from Herpes virus with his herbal Medicine, For those suffering from the same Virus You can contact his WhatsApp +2349021374574, he can also cure your health issues Like HBP, Hepatitis B Virus, Herpes, HPV, ALS etc. Email him at Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete